Friday, October 11, 2013

Ready To Pop!


36 weeks pregnant


In two and a half weeks time, we will be welcoming the arrival of our precious baby girl. As each day draws closer I get a little bit more excited but definitely a lot more anxious and nervous.

My first pregnancy journey hasn't been the way I thought pregnancy would be (like in the movies); constantly running to the toilet to vomit - thankfully I had none of that! However there were some hiccups along the way but nothing too serious or frightening. I wanted to reflect on this wonderful time and share a little bit about what my first time was like.

The common question people obviously asked were what cravings I had - potatoes. I craved french fries, potato chips and mash potatoes. As trimester three drew closer it became milk. I never really liked milk a lot and avoided drinking it as it never sat well with my stomach but now I find myself drinking up to three glasses a day. 

Although I had no vomiting in the first trimester I was nauseous and I slept a lot! The peak of my pregnancy was the second trimester where I had lots of energy and I was still able to walk and exercise without getting puffed out too quickly. The third trimester saw the return of nausea and constant napping. 

When my little bump finally turned into big belly it was a lot more difficult to do simple tasks - walking up a flight of stairs, squatting down to pick something up and getting back up quickly, getting in and out of the car and not bumping the steering wheel, rolling from either the left/right side to the other in bed, getting out of bed, bending over to pat the doggies, cooking, tying my shoes, get close enough to the mirror to do my makeup. You get the point!

Having said that there are so many good things about being pregnant, apart from it being the most amazing thing you'll ever do by carrying this baby and bringing life into the world.

I can't wait to start this amazing new chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment