Monday, September 30, 2013

Curried Chicken With Rice

Indian food is one of my favourite cuisines. It is just amazingly flavourful and the spices are delicious. I'm not very good at handling chilli so I prefer my Indian mild so I use Korma paste in this dish.

It's a really simple and quick recipe - just under 30 minutes. I love the sweetness of the sultanas and crunch in the apples. It's yummy!



Curried Chicken With Rice
Makes 4

Ingredients:
  • 500g chicken breast
  • 3 tablespoons Korma pasta
  • 500g cooked Basmati rice
  • 1 granny smith apple
  • 1 onion
  • 1/2 cup sultanas
  • 8 cherry tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

Method:
  1. Dice onion, cut apple into 2cm pieces and tomatoes in half
  2. Chop chicken and coat with Korma pasta
  3. In a frying pan - cook onions with olive oil until slightly brown
  4. Add in chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until golden
  5. Stir in rice until coated in paste
  6. Add apple, tomatoes and sultanas

Notes:
  • Optional - serve with natural yoghurt
  • Using uncooked rice - start cooking the rice first and then start your prep

No comments:

Post a Comment