Friday, September 27, 2013

Honey & Avocado Hair Treatment Mask

I spend a lot of time taking care of my skin; I cleanse, (sometimes) spritzer, apply sunscreen, moisturiser and eye serum and after a shower I try to always apply body lotion. However I do tend to forget about my hair and my hair has been through a lot, those poor poor strands.

I found this great two ingredient hair mask that I love and even more so because it's all natural - no added chemicals eek! I've been very conscious about what I'm putting on my skin since becoming preggies so all of my skincare is natural, organic and certified organic.

Honey & Avocado Hair Treatment Mask




Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons of honey. Honey is a natural humectant which is a natural substance that attracts and helps retain moisture
  • 1 medium-sized avocado. Avocados are rich in unsaturated oils, nutrient-dense, and provides a ton of moisture.

Directions:
  • Take a medium-sized avocado and mash until smooth. 
  • Add in 2 tablespoons of honey and mix well. 
  • Apply to dry or slightly damp hair and leave on for 15-20 minutes. 
  • Rinse well and follow with shampoo and conditioner if desired. 

Additional Tips:
  • This is also a great scalp treatment so feel free to massage it directly onto your scalp. But if you have an oily scalp, you can apply the treatment a few inches down from the scalp. 
  • While the mask is doing its magic, use a shower cap (or saran wrap) to keep your hair out of the way.

Another great tip from my hairdresser - leave treatment in all day and overnight if you aren't going anywhere. Wash your hair the next morning and it will be silky smooth. 

Source and credit to: Pretty Gossip

No comments:

Post a Comment