Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mixed Berry Smoothie

I am a big believer in never skipping breakfast. I will always eat breakfast, even if I wake up at 11AM - which then I call brunch. And I also love brunch! Especially when I go out for it and have it made for me.

Whenever we are in a rush; a lot of the times I will make this quick and easy smoothie for Alex and I. We've had a lot of prenatal appointments at 8AM and unlike myself, Alex isn't normally awake at that time. If I'm not in too much of a rush, I'll also make some French Raisin Toast.

I love smoothies. My mum and I made them frequently at one point because they're so easy and you can add in whatever you want!


Very Berry Smoothie
Makes 2

Ingredients:
  1. 2 cups frozen berries
  2. 1 banana
  3. 2 cups skim milk (soy, coconut or almond milk)
  4. 175g berry yoghurt 

Method:
  1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
  2. Divide between two glasses

Notes:
  • Add more or less yoghurt to achieve desired consistency
  • Sprinkle chia seeds for a boost of antioxidants
  • Add organic orange juice for extra sweetness
  • Adding protein powder will keep you full for longer

No comments:

Post a Comment